Pages

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Learning Styles

Everyone has different learning styles, some prefer a visual approach and others are more logical. To see what you learning style is, check out this website to to take an online quiz to determine your preferred learning style.

So I took the test and here are the results.



David's Learning Styles


By looking at the data, my learning style is positioned more towards the visual and creative side. I prefer to to practical rather than theory as I am more into creative media such as videography and photography. The downside to this, is that with theory based assignments such as reports and essay, I tend to not do as well as practical assignments. I much prefer to get out and film and edit footage, rather than write up a 3000 word essay. I rather leaning visually than verbally with graphics and charts as it is easier to remember and I can always refer back to the information.


Because everyone is different, teachers need to cater for everyone's learning styles, where other students may excel in theory based assignments but not as well in practical work. There has to be a balance between each area, so students can do well in their positioned area, and also develop their skills that they are not as good in. Some students may also be better at listening, where others will find graphics and charts easier to understand. Teachers have to structure their courses to accommodate all learning styles, so that every student can obtain better results.

No comments:

Post a Comment